WHAT THE PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT
OUR LEADERSHIP AND TEAM SKILLS PROGRAMS
The comments listed below represent a selection of written comments by the participants in a program about what they learned:
- To structure my communications, especially feedback, more effectively.
- To observe my behavior and its impact on the group and the results.
- My self-confidence in being able to develop consensus/trust was boosted tremendously.
- That leadership takes practice and you can get better at it.
- How crucial team maintenance is to getting the job done. As a self-validating “NT” (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator), I’d never paid much attention to this.
- To push the limits of my own willingness to interact.
- To really appreciate the value of different perspectives and ideas.
- To be non-judgmental in attitude as well as in communication.
- That people are really different, and being different makes a contribution to the group.
- To be more assertive.
- That I am not the only competent person around.
- To shut up and let less assertive people express themselves.
- To be patient with myself and others.
- Different situations require different kinds of leadership.
- That up-front planning works.
- Don’t assume.
- Look for others’ strengths.
- Listen to dissenting ideas.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT MR. SNOW’S FACILITATION AND TRAINING STYLE:
- He is very effective all around.
- He made us listen to each other and hear each other out.
- He was excellent and by far the best.
- He used very effective methods in resolving conflict.
- He did everything in relation to helping the group become a team.
- He helped us learn from our mistakes.
- He diffused some potential conflicts and helped us work through them before we got angry.
- He was truly a facilitator – encouraging but not intrusive. Great job.
- We trusted Harrison.
- A good leader.
- He knew when to inject theory.
- Very accessible, open personality…he helped lighten the mood and draw out the more soft-spoken.
- Harrison was skilled at spotting and weak points in the team’s interactions and then asking leading questions to help us all recognize these points.
- Good analysis of group dynamics.
- Extremely good at drawing us out through interactive discussion.
- We were very pleased and want to do more.